Status: alive but will see a doctor when I’m back in Sweden.
Don’t know where to start..
It’s been a rough weekend for the team.
I came up to Madrid with a sore throat we had the option to use Felix instead of me but we decided to gamble with me and we’re hoping I wouldn’t get any worse..
But I did..
Woke up 04:00 the night to Saturday with cramps and had to put all clothes I had on and 2 blankets to stop shaking.
We contacted doctors and all of them suggested we should withdraw from the competition.
But we were able to get the fever down with paracetamol and checked my hartrate and body temperature before every event!
We had to change a lot of game plans to get me thru the events.
So we decided right before every event if we would continue or not.
Saturday was worst with the running and Deadlift event.
I knew I could handle the volume on Sunday.
6 months of training almost went down the drain this weekend.
You got to stay humble and realise that 1 minor injury can put a whole team out.
I won’t go to the after party but are pretty happy anyway to have qualified for the games 3 years in a row now!
I think we learned a lot from this experience.
Big thx to all the people that supported us and our sponsors!
And to the team and our coach Sthlmsfredrick with all that they helped me with.
Time to get well and get ready for Carson